Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Must we fling this filth at our non-black metaller kids?

Poor old Emil Koverot. The guitarist with black metal band Bloodsrit had been offered a teaching job at his local school in Västervik, Sweden, only to find that he got sacked before he started as the school suddenly decided that his musical career might be incompatible with the whole shaping-young-minds-thing.

Koverot has done what any self-respecting metaller would do: He's resorted to sacrifice and slaughter to avenge the dishonour. Or, rather, he might, if his appeal to the local ombudsman fails.

He sees himself as the latest in a long line of musicians kept down by The Man:

“It’s the same old stereotypes,” he said.

“It’s the same way people reacted to the Beatles in the 1960s.”

Although, to be fair, most people rushed out and bought Beatles records in large numbers and - as far as we know - the suitability of Ringo taking a role as a classroom helper in Knotty Ash never came up, so we can't be sure.

Also, it's not quite the same thing anyway, is it? The Beatles had songs about love and hand-holding, whereas a typical Bloodsrit lyric runs more like this:
I drag the worthless priest ashore
He screams endlessly in naked fear
I am an eternal veil of evil torture
And I take pleasure in his agony

He is being crucified upon a cross
And boiling blood is poured upon him
His face explodes in bursting heat
As I whip his soul a thousand times

Apart from anything, could you have a person teaching who thinks there's any way you can be crucified other than on a cross?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I drag the worthless priest ashore
He screams endlessly in naked fear
I am an eternal veil of evil torture
And I take pleasure in his agony

He is being crucified upon a cross
And boiling blood is poured upon him
His face explodes in bursting heat
As I whip his soul a thousand times"


"...and in the afternoon I went to the zoo and I saw the leopards and dolphins and I had ice-cream with flake and then we went home and I was sick in the car and mum had to mop it up with a glove and that's what I did in my half term."

Anonymous said...

Hey Simon,
What do you think of these guys? Screw the man, eh? Make it ALL free.
http://werelateforclass.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.