Sunday, January 11, 2009

Amy Winehouse opens up to the News Of The World

While Gordon Smart has been running confused long-lens stories about Amy Winehouse, his colleague Georgina Dickinson from the News Of The World has apparently been hanging out with her in St Lucia. How funny that with all that time the pair have supposedly been palling around, Smart's not managed to find a paparazzi picture of the pair of them.

Still, Amy says lots of things that will make the record company happy - she's off the drugs:

“Home is hell for me. I’ve escaped from it. There are drugs everywhere. I can’t do anything without everyone thinking I’m off my head on drugs, although half the time they were right, I WAS.

"But here I feel so calm and peaceful and for the first time I can definitely say I AM off the drugs. I haven’t touched anything since I arrived and I feel the best I have in years.”

How lucky there aren't any drugs in the Caribbean, eh?

The paper doesn't seem to think that the out-of-control drunken showboating that it witnesses might be part of the same problem that led her to take drugs when they were freely available, nor - while it nods sympathetically at Amy saying 'I'd have been dead if I hadn't kicked the drugs' - that cirrhosis is just as deadly as badly-cut smack in the long run.

But then you don't give a newspaper lots of exclusive access and expect an honest report in return, do you?

The "romance" with Josh Thingymibob is at the heart of this new, all-clean Winehouse:
“Blake looks like me, a right mess. But Josh is all handsome and clean and that’s what I love about him.

“People might think we haven’t got anything in common but I get on like a house on fire with all his family despite them being so posh.

“When I’m with Josh I don’t need drugs to feel good because he makes me feel so amazing.”

She then leans forward and whispers cheekily: “We just had sex. . . can’t you tell?”

Lets hope that Winehouse missed Josh Chinless telling the Sun on Tuesday that Winehouse isn't "his kind of girl". It's like Steve and Becky all over. Apart from with real people who might be better advised to keep away from the papers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.