Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bye, lo Kiley: Rilo Kiley now just portions for foxes

It wasn't all good news yesterday - even as Murdoch's plans were falling apart, so were Rilo Kiley. And it doesn't sound like the good death the band deserved:

"I just felt like there was a lot of deception, disloyalty, greed and things I don't really want to submit myself to," guitarist Blake Sennett tells Spinner. "I had related that frustration to music but I just thought, 'I'm not going to put myself in that position again,' so I said, 'F--- that, I can't do this anymore.'"

"That being said," he continues, "it was probably immature and that came from a place of ego. I think that stuff will rear its head in anything you do, depending on the personnel you surround yourself with; things change overtime and people change and relationships change."
That's really sad end for a really beautiful band. Although... it's not quite all done and said:
"I think we're going to try and release a two-disc set of 40 songs, or something. I think that can be more considered like our last release, to me. But I don't know."
Sennett is now going to expand his sideproject, The Elected, into the main focus that it's pretty much been anyway since the end of the last Rilo Kiley tour. Keen to parse the split, Spinner points out that Kiley drummer Jason Boesel has popped up in The Elected, effectively mouthing "doesn't get on with Jenny Lewis any more".


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.