Sunday, August 30, 2009

This week just gone

These were the most popular August stories:

1. News Of The World prints picture of Michael Jackson's death bed; but not online
2. RIP: Andy Parle
3. Mark Lester: The girl is mine, or at least I was your daddy sperm
4. Brian Molko collapses on stage
5. Malcolm Laycock canned by Radio 2; makes a fuss
6. Radiohead: Download Harry Patch tribute song
7. RIP: Mike Seeger
8. Radiohead premiere new track on Today
9. RIP: Shawn Patrick Kelley
10. RIP: Willy DeVille

This all looked kind of interesting, and new:


Imogen Heap - Ellipse



download Ellipse



The Fiery Furnaces - I'm Going Away



download Blueberry Boat



An Anthology Of Chinese Experimental Music



download Chinese Experimental Music



Uh Huh Her - Common Reaction



download their song off the Hotel For Dogs soundtrack. Or don't; I quite understand



The Fall - Last Night At The Palais



download A Past Gone Mad



Daniel Johnston - Welcome To My World



download Welcome To My World



Arctic Monkeys - Humbug



download Karaoke - In the style of the Arctic Monkeys



Brendan Benson - My Old Familiar Friend



download The Alternative To Love



Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer



download Black River Killer



Sally Shapiro - My Guilty Pleasure



download My Guilty Pleasure



Rotring Tikky Mechanical Pencils with Ergonomic Wave Grip


2 comments:

Jimbo said...

Simon, what's with all the stationary in the "buy" section? Is it to symbolise music standing still? (Ba dum, and indeed, tish)

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

I wish it was something as worthwhile as that. It's just sometimes it's nice to look at pens. (And I also enjoy the way it makes Amazon recommendations freak out - look at pens, it suddenly starts offering you Band Of Brothers boxsets or memory cards...)

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.