Sunday, January 28, 2001

AS THE STARS GO OUT: They've just played Dubstar on Music Choice, and a tear almost formed in my cold, hard cynical eye. Only almost, somehow I dont think they'd want me to be sat here crying quietly to myself. Someday, I'd like to have the cash to establish a kind of petting-zoo record label - one which was dedicated to collecting the bands that splinter in the face of a record deal that gets terminated. For less than the cost of two Robbie Williams videos, it'd probably be enough to set up a label that won't function as a career-building organisation (not that Island et al do that these days anyway) but would provide the money for records to be made, with a guarantee that they'd actually be released at the end of it. Until then, we'll just have to watch bands like Dubstar head crumbling off, shuffling towards New Deal interviews and a lifetime of saying "No, seriously, I've got a copy of the album we made upstairs somewhere..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.