Friday, October 25, 2002

WOMEN IN ROCK: THE - ahem - CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR SPECIAL EDITION: Actually, full heapings of praise to the CSM who manage to knock up an article about 'women in rock' that says, basically: 'yes, Rolling Stone. there are lots of women in rock. Well done for noticing. Now, isn't rain wet?' And also prove themselves far cooler than RS by interviewing the Donnas. And there's this, for the "How record companies work" file, from Bonnie Raitt: ""I've never listened to any record company.... They can never pick my material or comment on it. Luckily, I signed with people that respected me, and if they ever said anything about what I wore or what I sang, I would just say, 'It's not your place to tell me that.' But on the other hand ... because I wasn't accepting their advice, they penalized me by not promoting my records."


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.