Monday, March 17, 2003

THE FIRST RETREAT OF THE WAR: Just when we were starting to warm to the Dixie Chicks, they went and spoiled it - and not only withdrew their remarks about Bush, but issued a gooey, 'please like us' apology of a "As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect. We are currently in Europe and witnessing a huge anti-American sentiment as a result of the perceived rush to war. While war may remain a viable option, as a mother, I just want to see every possible alternative exhausted before children and American soldiers' lives are lost. I love my country. I am a proud American" nature. Obviously the words of a band desperately worried about their sales. Just for a moment, we thought we'd seen a spine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.