Thursday, May 06, 2004

DON'T PUT LABELS ON ME: Aw, poor Avril. She's still moaning on about being pigeonholed:

"I always hate it when I get labelled punk or whatever, because I'm not and I never claimed to be punk."

Oh, no?
In the early days,she (and, more importantly, her press people) repeatedly described her look as "skater punk"
She told CNN in 2002 " I like Nirvana, Green Day, System Of A Down. I also like punk rock."
And then there was this, from the National Post:
"Later, when it is mentioned that she seems poised for pop stardom, she is quick to correct. 'No, no, no. Rock stardom,' she says forcefully. 'I don't like using the term pop star because that's not my personality. My personality is like a rock star. I'm hardcore.'"

We could go on. Certainly, Avril made much of the punk connection on the way up. Surely she can't be ashamed of having tried to dress herself up in clothes which didn't fit?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.