Wednesday, September 01, 2004

COOPER: "I WAS BEING A KNOB, NOT A NEOCON KNOB": Alice Cooper has "clarified" his remarks last week when he said that rock stars campaigning for Kerry were engaged in acts of "treason." Cooper now insists that he meant treason against rock and roll, not against the US:

"To me, that's treason," Cooper said. "I call it treason against rock 'n' roll because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics. When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick."

We have to agree with Alice here - maybe it's time those politic-meddling popstars took a leaf out of Alice's book and kept the flame of rock and roll alive by, erm, appearing in TV adverts wearing a pinafore and cooking tea for Ronnie Corbett. That's what Jerry Lee Lewis would have wanted.

We're sure there's no link, by the way, between that commercial, for one of Mr. Rupert Murdoch's money making products and Cooper's attack on rock stars taking the opposing political view to Mr. Murdoch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.