Monday, October 25, 2004

IS SHE ANNOUNCING HER RETIREMENT?: We never thought we'd be agreeing with Avril Lavigne, but her call for a ban of chart froth is something we're happy to get behind. Avril says that "sad and stupid celebs should not make records" although we guess we'd differ on which side of the "sad and stupid celeb" venn diagram we'd put Maxim cover hottie Lavigne herself on.

She says, 'The music scene is at a weird spot right now, where it kind of seems like anybody can be a star.

'I think it's really sad and stupid, that people who have certain hookups, who are already rich and famous, can just go, 'I want a music career,' and get one.

'I'm not saying names, but there are people out there who can't even sing, popular artists who have other people singing on their records. It's lame, and it's not supposed to be that way.

'I always think it would be so much easier if I didn't have to write my own music.

If I could just go through a bunch of songs that my record company thinks are hits, it would take me like a week! But it's important for me to be a part of it - I have things that I want to talk about.'"


But Avril, sweetness, you don't write your own stuff, do you? Isn't it that woman who does all the work?

We're equally puzzled by her insistence that music "isn't supposed to be that way", like there's some rules or something you can appeal to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.