Thursday, November 18, 2004

RUFUS HATED HIM. AND NOW HE'S DEAD: It's rare to hear anyone speaking ill of Jeff Buckley, a true artist who had a lot of pain in his life, which he loved, nevertheless, so even although Rufus Wainwright spoils it by ending his tale with a discovery of love and respect for Buckley just before he died, it's refreshing for someone to say they were jealous and resentful of Jeff at all:

"I was really jealous of him and resentful of his success for a long time when I started out. So I began a couple-year-long hatred of Jeff Buckley.

Years later, I actually met him in person and we hung out. This was after I had time to make my own record and have my own set of problems. I realised he was just a very, very delicate and sensitive and depressed guy who, if you blew on him, would crumble.

I had a really lovely night hanging out with him. That night I realised just the futility of jealousy. And, of course, a month later he died. He would have been an amazing guy to sing with."


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.