Friday, November 19, 2004

WELL, IT'S GOOD NEWS THAT SHE'S NOT MAD ANYMORE: Mariah Carey has decided that she's got so few fans left they might as well call her by the name used amongst her closest circle. Henceforward, Mariah Carey is going to be Mimi:

The 34-year-old singer left a message at her HoneyBFly fan club addressing her fans as "Dear Lambs".

It read: "Mimi is a very personal nickname only used by those closest to me ... just one of those little things that I've kept for myself in an attempt to have some delineation between a public persona and a private life. By naming the album The Emancipation of Mimi I am letting my guard down and inviting my fans to be that much closer to me. I now feel I can honestly say 'this is me, the real me, take it or leave it.'"


So, nothing slightly mad there, then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.