Friday, February 13, 2004

WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR BRIAN POOLE AND THE TREMOLOES... THEY'LL BLOW YOUR MIND*: This, from Becky Bamboo, is probably good news for most Liverpool bands:
Okay, so last week's Entertainment Weekly had a story about how the Beatles are the newest "cult band" among teenagers. Aside from the assertion made that modern music initially seems to owe little to them (hello? Have they never heard of indie rock? Power pop? whatever) which I disagreed with, I found the article amusing in a 'yeah-right-I'm-so-sure' sorta way.

I think we all know what's coming.

So last Sunday I was over at my aunt's for dinner when, with all seriousness, my 14 year old cousin asks me, "do you know the Beatles?" Hee. I told him that I was indeed familiar with their work. He told me one of his other cousins (about his same age) had "turned [him] on to them last year." He even asked my aunt if they had a turntable. I didn't have the heart to tell him that she gave all her and my uncle's albums to me a couple of years ago.

And I will never doubt EW again.


* - I'm sure this headline once appeared in a music paper as a response to a reader's letter, and I suspect it might have been the black type in smash hits. Anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.