Monday, July 05, 2004

WHAT IS WILL YOUNG?: Even Will Young doesn't seem to have clue:

“I’ve never seen myself as a pop star,” he says. “Because that just seems ...” He stops to chew his words over, something he does almost every sentence. “That’s all limousines and Cristal and a lot of hype.”
It denotes something fluffy, something lacking in content, he says – the implication being that he’s rather more robust than that. Were Young more arrogant, more in the mould of the self-publicising tabloid star, he’d proclaim himself an artist. However, he’s too self-effacing for that. “I suppose, in some ways, I am a pop star, but what do I call myself? Not a minstrel, a pop minstrel, you know? Am I a pop star?” he asks, as if he’s surprised to find himself uttering the words. “It’s just funny, I can’t get my head around that phrase.”


We like the the concept of Will Young - Pop Minstrel. Especially if he gets the hat to go with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.