Thursday, January 13, 2005

CLAY NOT GAY: The hair-products and teeth American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken apparently refuses to do interviews with gay publications. Next magazine writer Matt Bell says it's not for want of trying:

"We tried to get an interview with the sexually ambiguous pop star... but his publicist told us he'd 'never talk to a gay magazine!' Well, why pray tell, is that?"

Perhaps it's because he's afraid that if he talks to gay magazines, people might think he enjoys doing it with boys. Hard to believe, of course, but there you go. But before we run away with that idea, let's not forget what happened when Alonso Duralde of The Advocate Online asked him right out "A lot of your fan base thinks you’re gay. Any comment on that?":

He looked right at me. Then, without a word, he looked at another reporter and called on him. Mind you,up to this point almost no reporters had been called on—it was one of those yell-out-your-question-or-forget-it situations. But Clay was definitely not going to answer my question, not even to give me some “I love all my fans” or “It doesn’t matter what people think, as long as they buy my album” bromides. I got nothing from him. I got the brush-off. I got a freeze-out worthy of Joan Crawford.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.