Sunday, January 30, 2005

GAYNOR: I WILL SURVIVE: It's been a terrible week for terrible bands - not only did Nickelback lose a drummer, but Matchbox 20 are now down a guitarist: Adam Gaynor has quit the band, an event he clearly feels will be the strop heard around the world:

as you may have read I will no longer be a member of the band. I know most of you were confused if not angered by this news. I wish there was some bright rainbow of an answer here.... but there is not".

Well, I know we've been feeling both confused and angered, punching walls and then not being able to remember why I punched the walls. Although it's not actually that confusing - there was a gang of three in M20 (Rob Thomas, Paul Douchette and Brian Yale) who control the business of the band, and the other two - Gaynor and Kyle Cook - got what was left over.

Gaynor is now going to proceed forward as a solo artist.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Adam, good luck in whatever you do!! I loved you the best!! You always made me feel comfortable when Andy O was always so busy working and I was alone, you made me smile and aknowledged I was there. Youre a sweetie!! Knock em dead, you deserve way more than left overs
Love Christine

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.