Wednesday, March 16, 2005

ARE YOU SURE?

we've sometimes wondered if Ananova actually read their own stories before writing the headlines, but it seems they don't even bother to read the stories before writing them, as Jarvis promises Pulp return suggests.

The standfirst announces "Jarvis Cocker has assured Pulp fans that the group have not split up." Which is great news. Only... what Jarvoid actually says is:

"We're far too lazy for that kind of dramatic-ness. Pulp, as I'm sure you kind of know, has undergone many periods of hibernation and stuff. I don't know whether we'll do anything again."

Which isn't actually the return promised by the headline, nor the 'not split up' of the start of the article.

Anyroadup, here's what the rest of Jarvis had to say:

"I've been doing Pulp since I was 15 years old and I'm now a 41-year-old man. Even though we've never released that many records I was always doing it and I just thought, 'I'll try summat else.'

"I've been writing some songs. When I've got enough ones that I think are fit for human consumption then I'll try and decide what to do with them.

"The main thing that I've done recently is to write some songs for the Harry Potter film, but that's just a shameless effort to try and ingratiate myself with kids."


Ingratiate yourself with yourself:

All the Pulp videos on one handy DVD, including the Stars And Their Eyesathon Bad Cover Version clip


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.