Friday, May 13, 2005

THE JODI JONES SONG ISN'T ABOUT JODI JONES AT ALL. IT SEEMS.

Following his announcement that Where Is She was about Jodi Jones, The Killers' Brandon Flowers has now decided it's time to clarify what he actually meant - as it's getting hot for him right now:

"A quote I gave in NME last week about the inspiration behind one of our new songs, ‘Where Is She?’, came across kind of badly and I'd like to clarify this as I'd hate to cause offence or further hurt because of it.

”I was indeed inspired to write ’Where Is She?’ after I saw coverage of the Jodi Jones murder case while we were on tour in Scotland last year.

”It affected me deeply and got me to thinking about how awful it must feel to be the parent of a missing child, how powerless a person must feel in such a dreadful situation.

”The song is not a direct portrayal of that one story, though - there's no way on earth I could ever possibly pretend to know what it must actually feel like to suffer such a thing, and I wouldn't presume to appropriate any other individual's feelings for a song. Rather, seeing those news stories got me to thinking about the powerlessness and frustration that must come from losing a child like that, and it was from those thoughts that ‘Where Is She?’ came to be."


So, when he said it was written from Jodi Jones' mother's perspective, he must have, uh, been confused. Clear?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.