Tuesday, June 28, 2005

LET'S NOT LOSE SIGHT OF WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT

There are some people who might think that - far from trying to show any sense of empathy with people who have nothing - Live 8 might be little more than a bunch of shallow, self-obsessed stars struggling to show themselves in a good light. Luckily, Mariah Carey knows what it's all about:

"This is such a special event for me. I want to sing my best and look my best.

"I've been working on my voice to make sure it's in top condition and working on my body too. I've been dieting and exercising non-stop so I can get into the outfit I want to wear."


What better way to show you relate to what it means to have nothing than to trill about having to trim off a few pounds of excess body weight, eh?

Interesting, of course, that Mariah is the subject of the urban legend that she claimed to be jealous of starving children. It's almost as if she wants it to be true as much as the rest of us did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.