Friday, September 09, 2005

50 CENT: WHO IS KANYE WEST?

After the week we've been through, we wonder if 50 Cent was aware that launching an attack on Kanye West would make him sound like a wannabe tilting at a hero, rather than the champion putting down the opposition?

"He puts together witty phrases and he's a great talent as a producer, but I still don't know who Kanye West is when I listen to him," 50 said recently in Miami. "By listening to the record, I don't know who he is — I know he's been in a car accident, that's what I know. I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me. After 50 Cent, [hip-hop fans] was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."

Ah, yes, Cent - because your conforntation has really put a nation into a political debate, hasn't it? Forgive us, but is West is so non-confrontational, then how come the First Lady is being forced to respond to his criticisms?

Laura Bush described as "disgusting" comments by rapper Kanye West and Democratic chairman Howard Dean blaming her husband for the disproportionate number of black hurricane victims.

"I think all of those remarks are disgusting, to be perfectly frank, because of course President Bush cares about everyone in our country," the first lady said Thursday in an interview with American Urban Radio Networks.

"And I know that. I mean, I'm the person who lives with him," she said. "I know what he's like and I know what he thinks and I know how he cares about people."


Laura doesn't seem to have considered that since her job is to be married to George, she might not exactly be the least biased person to comment here. And besides, if she lives with him and knows him as well as he that made him, how come she's not able to offer any more light on how a single pretzel left him so badly damaged that time?

In other Katrina-related news, Crash Music is to donate 15% of all its online sales during September to the American Red Cross to help with disaster relief.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember a previous posting on XRRF suggesting that 50 Cent had links to the US security services, and specifically a front organisation designed to attract black youth. If I wasn't entirely sure that was true before, I am now (the "confrontational" line is bullshit; virtually all Kanye's chart hits contain politically thought-provoking lyrics, while 50 witters on about taking us to the candy shop).

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.