Wednesday, September 07, 2005

BUT WHAT WOULD THEY DO WITH YOU IF THEY CAUGHT YOU?

Settling into the role he was meant to play - Queen of Las Vegas - Elton John is finding that it's a totally different world to the one he's used to:

"Before Caesars I'd never stayed the night here (Vegas). I don't go out much, but you do get stir crazy.

"So I'll go see what's in the shops now. Bob Hailey (Elton's operations manager) and I got chased through the mall. We were laughing so hard.

"Bob said, `We're being chased by 60-year-old women!.' And, I said, `Bob, we are 60!.'


The funny thing about Elton is that, while he has a reputation for being a difficult diva, he does come across well in interviews, without a hint of bitterness:

He also admits he's disappointed by the lack of success of last year's Peachtree Road album, but adds, "My time in the sun, as it were, is gone. I have to accept that.

"Was I disappointed? Yeah, because I put my heart and soul into it."


Presumably as soon as the microphone was switched off he went to throw some fresh cut flowers at a flunky.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.