Saturday, October 01, 2005

NIRVANA'S DRUMMER NOW A SINGER IN HIS OWN BAND

Yes, yes, we know what you're thinking: "this is news?" - but we're not talking about Dave Grohl; this is the Bleach-era drummer, Chad Channing. He's put together a band - Before Cars and, working with Jack Endino, who produced Bleach, has recorded an album.

Chad's pretty unbitter about being asked to yield the Nirvana drumstool:

"After we did Bleach, Kurt said he wouldn't mind having some help with the songwriting, and I was like, 'Oh yeah, I'm all for that.' But over time, I realized that that wasn't going to happen, and I slowly started losing my inspiration to play. And when you lose your inspiration, it shows."

Of course, he won't know he's really made it until Courtney Love starts squeeching at him that he's stealing food from her baby's mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.