Sunday, December 04, 2005

DOHERTY OFF TO REHAB AGAIN

Apparently, Pete Doherty now reckons that he's going to go back to rehab to show his love for Kate Moss. Sounding surprised she was pissed off that he quit rehab in the first place, he tells the Sunday Mirror that he's going to give it another go. The paper doesn't say if it paid for drug-addled tear-stained sobs like this:

She's furious with me for leaving rehab - and that's understandable. But I will go back in. I've promised her.

"We've been on the phone to each other every day. She is in South Africa but we're still in touch all the time.

"It is my destiny to be with her but she doesn't want me to be with her - unless I get off the drugs."


But why would Pete go back? One of the key things about any addiction treatment is you have to believe it's going to work, and clearly, Pete doesn't:

"I don't know how Kate managed to get off the cocaine because I thought the clinic was a load of rubbish. I don't know how it could have made Kate clean because when I was there it felt more like prison.

"I had to share a room with three people. I didn't like it there. It was a waste of time in the middle of the desert.

"But if it means being with Kate, I will go back there. I swear we will get back together."


And while we're sure he really means he will go back... isn't there going to be a slight problem? With the arrest for possession hanging over him from last week, how does he plan to leave the country?

What's funny, though - albeit in a bleak sort of way - is that Pete doesn't seem quite as keen on his romantic view of prison he's been pushing since he got out last time:

"I can't go back to prison. I can't - I don't think I could take it."

It's getting really painfull to watch this, as the end is starting to look more and more like it's going to be a nasty one. It's hard to see how Pete can save himself.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck.

Anonymous said...

A lot of people still do.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.