Thursday, December 15, 2005

HI-DIDDLE-DEE-DEE, AN ACTOR'S LIFE FOR ME

Goodness, where does Bono find the hours in the day? Singing songs, meeting his chums on Wall Street for lunch, sorting out Africa, quick game of golf with George Bush, sitting down for tea and cakes with a racist homophobe, taking people to court to get back a pair of stinking trousers, and now he's going to be in a film, as well.

He's going to be Julie Taymor's Across The Universe; we were excited when we found out he was playing a character called Dr Robert, but it turns out it's not a Blow Monkeys biopic, which is where we lost interest.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right.... Now Simon, you're among friends, and I need to tell you this for your own good. Don't, under any circumstance, read the latest issue of 0x51 magazine*. If you do, not only will you find that they have made _that_ person their man of the year, they have interviewed him. At length. Obviously, I'd like to say that _he_ limited his mouthings to "Well, I'm just a singer in a rock 'n' roll band. Who in their right mind gives a monkeys what I think about internaional politics? Me, a role model? Feck off! I'm a celebrity! Anybody who gives any weight to any of the shit I burble is a feckin' idiot". I'd like to say that, but I can't.


*I can't bring myself to name the magazine, so I've given the hexadecimal value of its first (and only) character here, formatted as a c programmer would understand it.

Anonymous said...

And there was me thinking 051 magazine would be a Liverpool listings mag or something.

Something else to avoid at WH Smiths whilst looking for train journey material

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.