Wednesday, February 22, 2006

MORRISSEY: EEEH, I WERE THAT FED UP

Apparently, Morrissey was a bit fed up during the Smiths days:

“I find it shocking to look back at the period of The Smiths and to reflect upon the magnitude of doom that surrounded me every single day. I have no idea how I made it through my 20s. Grit?"

Possibly. Possibly all that adulation?

“It was impossible for me to agree to any aspect of life or to compromise with it. I think I doomed myself. The terms of my connections with other people were dreadful, and I couldn't ever manage to feel responsible for my own life.”

Of course, he did manage to sort out the contracts so they were skewed in his favour, so it's not like he was totally unable to cope.

“When Johnny ended The Smiths I was forced to go solo, and I found myself going further with all my experiences of life, and, although Johnny didn't intend it to, it helped me.”

Sadly, his cheering up started off a period of something of a creative drought. We probably should throw buckets of water at him to keep him sharp.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats deep. However if I was in The Smiths I wouldent be complaining.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was the adoration of the majority of the teenage boys in the country?

I knew someone, very Smiths obsessed, who once gave a lift to an acquaintance back from the Smoke to Southampton. After half an hour or so the passenger said, 'The Smiths tape is finished, can I put something else on?' whereupon this bloke pulled over, made him get out on the hard shoulder of the M27 and drove off.

A simple 'no' would've sufficed.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.