Saturday, March 11, 2006

CELEB SACKCLOTH: Javine wants your forgiveness

After her drink-driving conviction ("a mistake that could have cost her her career", apparently - or, surely more importantly, could have killed someone?) Javine is hoping to rehabilitate herself:

To tell you the truth, I'm glad I got stopped," says the shamed songstress as she speaks about the incident for the first time.

"I could have hurt myself and other people. I'm just so sorry about the whole thing. It was a stupid mistake and I feel really bad."

Javine, from West London, explains that she'd been drinking with friends when one needed a lift to a nightclub to work.

"It was one of those times when someone needed me to help them out," she says. "But I shouldn't have done it and have never done it before. I've always been one of those people who jumps in a cab when they're on their way out.

"I've learned my lesson though. It will never happen again."


Ah, so she was doing a favour, then? She doesn't explain how she came to be driving a car full of people who were passing vodka round the vehicle if she was giving a mate a lift to work. Perhaps they all were on their way to work?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.