Wednesday, June 14, 2006

RINGO OFFERS HIS SUPPORT

In these difficult times for the McCartneys, it's good to know Paul can count on Ringo Starr's sold, effective backing.

Which is more than he could when Ringo was his drummer1.

Ringo has been talking to the Canadian press:

"I talked to him three weeks ago and I just said, 'I'm here if you need me.' That's all you can be."

In other words, then, Ringo hasn't spoken to Paul since the paper started painting Heather as a whore and a harlot.

He is with them, though, on the seal culls:

"Yeah, shit, why are you bashing those poor baby seals on the head for someone to wear a fur coat?" said Starr. "Give me a break. I'm a vegetarian too, so it's easy for me."

We're not quite sure what he means by that, though.

1 - We know, we know. It's unfair to pretend that Ringo was a rotten drummer, but sometimes these things are too hard to resist.


1 comment:

bytheseashore said...

It's an old Paul line but a goodie: when asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, Macca replied that he wasn't the best drummer in The Beatles.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.