Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Steven Tyler mulls taking his C onto Oprah

Steven Tyler has taken the sort-of brave step about talking about having Hepatitis C, although it's slightly less brave that he waited until he was more-or-less cured to talk:

"It is nonexistent in my bloodstream, where it's like a complete cure. I've had hepatitis C for a long time, asymptomatic. I've been pretty quiet about this.

"The band took a break about three years ago. (My doctor) said now is the time, and it's 11 months of chemotherapy (interferon) so I went on that, and it about killed me.

"Hepatitis C is the one that, of all the people in this room, at least three have it and don't know it. It's the silent killer. I may go on Oprah and talk about this. I hope you don't mind me mentioning that."


It's the silent killer, unlike... well, TB is quite noisy with all that coughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.