Monday, October 30, 2006

Fatboy returns to the beach

Despite police muttering their misgivings over the very idea, Fatboy Slim has been given a green light for a New Year's Day beach party on Brighton Beach. On, erm, New Year's Day:

"I can't believe it is finally happening but it is. I can promise the people of Brighton this is going to be one hell of a show."

He added: "Every time I have been shopping in Brighton for the past four years at least, one person has come up to me and asked when I'll be doing it again.

"Every time I have had to say I can't because I've been banned. It's such a relief not to have to say that any more."


Presumably the hope is that so many people will be either partied-out or still hungover as to keep numbers to a manageable level.

In addition, you'll need tickets to attend - and to get them, you'll have to have a Brighton postcode. Or know someone who does, who won't want to be spending the bank holiday evening on the pebbles.


3 comments:

Lost Boy said...

Wasn't the last one he did a complete nightmare and massively oversubscribed? I imagine they're hoping that the subzero temperatures will keep people away.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the woman who died...

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

The woman who died, though, was a woman who would have died on the seafront that day under any other circumstances - at least, that's what the coroner found.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.