Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Conor Oberst predicts the end of the world

There's going to be a new Bright Eyes album, and like a revivalist church or a Bush cabinet meeting, it's fixated with the end of the world:

"The apocalypse is a prevalent theme in my new songs," Oberst told Spin. "There's a feeling in the world right now like everything is unravelling, but maybe that's not a bad thing. I'm not convinced that the human race is good for this planet anyway."

"The new songs are mostly stream of consciousness," said Oberst. "Telepathy is a big theme. If you just concentrate, you'll know what I'm talking about."


Conor Oberst? Burrowing into our unprotected minds? Really?

Conor's mouth twitched into what, on a less glorious man, would have been a smirk. "I bet I can tell you what you're thinking now..."

"Is that telepathy?" I asked, as he drew me closer to his body; so close I could smell the scent of indie-boy sweat.

"Partly" he replied, brushing back the hair which had flopped into his eyes, "partly it's just reading the other signs..." He idly ran his hand across the top of my thighs.

"Conor... this isn't the time..."

Out in the streets, I could hear the hooves of horsemen approaching.

"If not now, then when?" His question may not have intended to be left hanging, but any hope of answering I may have had was kissed away, as surely as the sin and misery of the planet was being swept away by the forces of apocalypse...


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.