Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ooh, matron

Times are tough for nurses - hell, in the South East, even doctors can't afford homes - but here's something to cheer them up: George Michael is going to give them a treat.

No, no, not sharing his massive fortune, or even handing over what's left of his body to medical science. But he's going to play a free gig for NHS nurses, which is a nice gesture.

He's making good on a decade-old promise:

"Almost 10 years ago, during the last week of my mother's life, I told my friends and family that if I ever played my own concerts again, I would make sure to do a free one for NHS nurses."

Andrew Ridgeley has also offered to entertain as many nurses as he can in an evening, but police are promising to intervene if he tries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.