Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Robbie Williams is not in possession of a soul

Basement Jaxx supported Robbie Williams on his tour this year. They weren't impressed with the circus they joined:

Felix said: "I wouldn't want to repeat that experience. We didn't hang out with him. He tried to be down to earth but I think sometimes he probably wonders what he's doing.

"It's a big money-making corporate machine. Fans pay a lot of money to get to the gig then they get there and the programme costs £12 for a few pages, then there's the Robbie ring tones and Robbie everything.

"It's milking money at every point."

Simon added: "There are adverts on the big screens. It's like an all day event with people arriving from 2pm with five bands before he comes on.

"We had different screens from the ones Robbie used and on his there was adverts for Orange phones and BMW.

"The thing is he's doing very well, he's very popular, but it's mass entertainment and it just felt a bit soulless."


We're not even sure about the "entertainment" bit - it's a little like the Grand National; everyone watches it, but very few have any idea if what they've seen was a good horsereace or not; there's nothing for them to compare it with apart from the other Grand Nationals they've seen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm...
To be true...
One thing is right... Theres a lot of money making. But I don't know if I've been to a gig lately where I haven't seen any ads or stuff like that...

And calling RW gigs soulless... hm well... I don't see the soul in the lime-green, lime-whatever clothes and jumping around like an animal has bitten me...

And I don't like the word "cheesy"... People try to be supportive by clapping and singing along and are called "cheesy"...

Sorry, Basement Jaxx, now that I know you don't like it, I don't do it again...

Sorry for being a bit cynical, but I don't really like those comments, when you should be a bit more thankful to be able to do such a big thing - only my opinion...

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.