Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Liam Gallagher wants the secret of youth appeal

They call it an "unlikely friendship", but really, Liam Gallagher schmoozing McFly comes across as more, well, creepy and inappropriate:

Frontman Danny Jones tells the Daily Mirror, “I was really star-struck when I met Liam. He's my idol but I did my best not to show it. He kept saying: 'I buzz off you guys man,' and said that he'd love to appeal to kids too.”

"We spoke about the bands and how I wanted us to be more accepted. We want to get invited to things like the NME Awards. He gave us really sound advice and stuff.”


So, Liam gets the secret of how to hang about the Mickey Mouse Club studios without triggering some sort of alert; McFly find out how to drag the NME awards prizes ever closer to being the Brits but with slightly worse catering. Can we just leap towards 2008 now?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we now assume that Liam has abandoned his old anti-middle-class-people-in-pop rhetoric?

It was tiresome, inaccurate and, above all else, *pseudo-rebellious* in the first place, but it is typical that he has to hang out with a band who have convinced even the most fervent Oasis-haters that he and Noel might actually have had a point.

(thought: didn't Liam dedicate "Live Forever" to Princess Diana, and didn't Noel get pissed off about it, something which I always put down to the fact that Noel was that much older during the winter of discontent and the miners' strike. *Hmmmmm* ...)

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me the gonna be's are hanging out with the has beens? History repeating itself with plenty of egg fooking sandwiches on brotherly faces!

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.