Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ruined in a day: Anthony H has cancer

Tony Wilson has been diagnosed with cancer; typically, he's attempting to argue it into submission:

"It was a bit of a surprise to find out I had cancer because there is no family history.

"All my family tend to have heart attacks in the middle of the night aged in their 70s, 80s and 90s.

"I wasn't too upset when I was told the news. I just think you have to go with it and I see it as another step in life's adventure."

Wilson has thanked the NHS staff who have looked after him at Manchester Royal:
"The sheer quality of the care provided to me by the nursing staff and doctors has been fantastic," he said.

"It's funny that everyone has a moan about the NHS except for people who actually use it."

He's staying in hospital for a while, but hoping a successful release will follow the ingestion of a lot of high-power drugs. Which must be like working with the Happy Mondays again.

Get well, Tony.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.