Friday, April 06, 2007

Iha: I have no part in it

James Iha has been pretty quiet while Billy Corgan has been running about trumpeting the Smashing Pumpkins reunion.

Up until now, anyway:

“No, I’m not part of the current Smashing Pumpkins album or tour, I haven’t spoken to Billy in years. I’m writing for a solo record, which I’m going to record this year, and working on my indie label Scratchie Records.”

In other words: not only is the band Corgan touting not (quite) the Pumpkins, but he didn't even make an effort to see if Iha wanted in on the trading of a name that was as much Iha's as it was Corgan. Doubtless Corgan sent a postcard or something to the last address he had and never heard back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.