Thursday, November 29, 2007

Allen confirms 'quit' plan was false hope

The promise of Lily Allen to leave us all alone when she hits 25 has, as we suspected, turned out to be little more than a night-time puff under the duvet:

"Of course I'm not going to retire. This was the biggest joke in my life and I just cannot believe people would actually believe this junk.

"I talk crap all the time and they all know it, so how come this time they didn't get it. Silly people. I am having the best time of my life."

I don't think anyone actually did believe it, Lily. But most people thought it was "something she said and will then regret" rather than thinking it was a joke. Because... it wasn't, really, was it? Unless you have a very flat sense of humour.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

its something she's been hinting at for months. ive read numerous quotes from her saying something like "i dont want to do this for long, i just want to make some money and settle down with a family". were you joking all those other times too lily?

Anonymous said...

Her TV show's shaping up to be a right bleeding hoot, isn't it?

"Here's one for you... Bloke goes into a doctor's and says 'Doctor doctor, I feel like a pair of curtains'. Doctor says 'Really?'. Bloke says 'NO! Just kidding, I'm fine!!!'"

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.