Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bookmarks: Some stuff to read on the internet

In The Times this morning, Glenn Thompson, the Go-Betweens drummer, reveals his secret:

“I have been writing sort of in secret for seven years,” admits Thompson, a laid-back, curly-haired, casually handsome chap.

“I started because I was trying to teach myself how to produce. We moved to a house with a spare bedroom, so I built a little studio in there and made some demos. I was still recording with other bands, but they were a closed shop when it came to songwriting. There’s something about being a drummer with ideas that puts other musicians off. Whenever I suggested we try one of my songs, the room would suddenly empty.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.