Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Capital of Culture update: Number one in some sort of poll

The Liverpool Echo is delighted that Liverpool has been voted number one in an Arts Council poll designed to find out which city the Beatles came from ("find the most musical city in Britain").

10,000 people - not all from Liverpool - took part in the online poll which is in no way undermined from a credibility point of view by Leicester ("home of Kasabian, Showaddywaddy and Engelbert Humperdinck") coming in fourth place.


3 comments:

Olive said...

Leicester? You forgot Crazyhead, Gaye Bykers On Acid and Diesel Park West! Or possibly not.

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

Damn you, Olive. I *had* forgotten Diesel Park West. And now you've reminded me of them all over again. Back into therapy I go...

Anonymous said...

Oi, DPW had a way with a tune y'know. Though admittedly they weren't the most even tempered bunch. In fact I'd say downright rude if my recollection of them all shouldering past me in some venue with a "we used to be on EMI mate, proper rockstars" expression on their faces is correct.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.