Friday, June 13, 2008

Lily Allen takes on Perez Hilton

If Mario Lavandeira posted something untrue about you - let's say he suggested you were no longer flavour of the month at your record label - you might be riled, but would you:

(A) Choose to ignore it
(B) Issue a brief response along the lines of "Perez is clearly losing it; clearly he's trying to keep track of so many Wannabes and Neverweres these days he hasn't got time to actually double-check his stories about anyone."
(C) Fire up MySpace and post a long, convoluted, needy rant along the lines of this:

I don't know why this has annoyed me so much. If I'm honest, it's probably because part of it is true these days I am more known for being a train wreck than a musician, and it does hurt. I've been working really hard on my new record; I don't think it sucks by the way. I haven't released a record for two years, so it's totally understandable that people don't write about my music anymore, however it's not fair to say that I'm washed up and it's not fair to make up these feuds between people. Not everyone's lives are fuelled by egos and jealousy, mine is certainly not. There was a time when Amy came out, that I was a little jealous, she has an amazing voice and writes incredible songs, what singer wouldn't be a little jealous of that, but I'd never let those feelings become unhealthy. And this is not meant in any way but I'd never heard of Katy Perry before I came here a few days ago, I didn't even know she was on Capitol, who by the way are not my label. I am signed to Regal Records in the UK and Capitol distributes my records here in America. I don't feel like I've been shoved aside for anyone, I haven't got a record out yet, so why would anyone be focusing their energies on me when there's nothing to work on! I have never been a "golden girl" and I think I visited Capitols office in New York once, about a year a half ago. I very much doubt they had a picture of me in their lobby. The point I'm trying to make is these stories are just not true. If the word reportedly exists in a story it means that it's pretty much a lie, it means they can't prove what they're writing and their just covering their backs. Perez doesn't even do this he just writes things that aren't true with no shame about it, and it's sad. I read these posts on his website about anti – bullying campaigns and all these good causes, and while I used to enjoy reading his site it seems to me that recently he has become what he hates so much, a bully. He bullies young, successful females; people usually bully people they're jealous of so I'll let you come to your own conclusion on that one. Anyway, I've got nothing against Perez personally, I don't assume to know him, what I do know is this though, he has a HUGE crush on my old manager, who I fired with a few months ago. Maybe this is his way of getting his attention or in his good books, or maybe it's because I turned down the opportunity of going on his TV show when he asked me to, or maybe because I'm friends with Samantha Ronson , who is so lovely by the way and not what Perez makes her out to be, who knows?
Anyways, I hope you'll all like my new material, if not, looks like I'll have to find something else to do.


If you answered (C), you might be Lily Allen.

The funny thing is the suggestion that Allen used to like Hilton's blog, but has now come to the conclusion that it's bullying, jealous and spiteful. What changed?

Oh, yes. He writes about Allen now in a less-than-flattering way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.