Sunday, June 01, 2008

Weller: 'reunion is cabaret'

Paul Weller isn't, he's reiterated, all that comfortable with the What Used To Be In The Jam reunion tour that the rest of the band is still pushing on with, not at all:

"I’m not mad about the idea, It’s a bit cabaret to me," he explained. "I thought we were against all that."

He's convinced splitting the Jam was the right thing to do:
"It was the right thing to do. It was an artistic decision, without sounding poncey. I didn’t want to be in the same set up for the rest of my life. I like to change and move on," Weller explained.

It's amusing to see Weller simultaneously praising his own ability to move on while, erm, dwelling on how clever he was all those years ago:
"Do I miss it? No, not particularly. I quite like what today is. It was a lot of pressure, being that kind of spokesman for a generation. Whether it was my own fault for setting myself up or not, I don’t know, but it was a lot of pressure for a young man. I certainly didn’t miss that"

He doesn't let on if he's equally proud of his decision to split the Style Council.


1 comment:

Mikey said...

..but he did want the same haircut for the rest of his life.

As a bald man, I find that terribly wasteful

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.