Monday, October 20, 2008

... and never again

The Long Blondes have split, following Dorian's stroke earlier this year.

He posted farewell blog on MySpace;

We have decided to call it a day.

The main reason for this is that I suffered from a stroke in June and unfortunately I do not know when / if I will be well enough to play guitar again.

On behalf of the band I'd like to say a big thank you to anyone who ever came to one of our shows, bought one of our records or danced to one of our songs in a club. Thank you, if it wasn't for you the whole thing would have been pointless.

Finally on a personal note, thanks for all your well wishing messages.

Sadly - and perhaps selfishly - this is another band I'm going to have forever on my 'bugger, I never saw them live'. It's truly sad news, and the loss of one of our greatest and consistently most interesting acts.

[Singles, by the Long Blondes, is released today]


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sad news. Saw them live just after 'Couples' came out, and it was a fantastic, tight performance.

Jimbo said...

Really? I saw them twice in 2006 and found them to have all the stage presence of a house brick.

Anonymous said...

the original version of giddy stratospheres...i once listened to about 40 times in a row (thanks, lastfm). brilliant, brilliant song.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.