Sunday, June 12, 2011

Boyzone: Louis Walsh finally comes round to our way of thinking

Louis Walsh has washed his hands of Boyzone and told them to split up, according to the News Of The World this morning. Digital Spy has paid to peek over Murdoch's paywall:

Low ticket sales for their latest tour and Ronan Keating's affair with a dancer were blamed for the move, the News of the World reports.

"Louis has told Boyzone they're finished. Ronan doesn't want to accept it but without Louis they have no chance," a source said. "The affair changed everything for many fans. It destroyed the family-friendly image that made the band popular.

"They kept a diehard fanbase but the 'Brother' tour earlier this year wasn't a big success. Louis didn't bother seeing a single show. [They] just couldn't compete with the Take That comeback and lots of tickets weren't sold. So Louis decided it was the right time for the band to finish."
You suspect that Keating's extra-curricular diddlings have nothing to do with the decision, but gave the News Of The World a chance to lob some sex into a story which otherwise would be "clapped-out old warhorse put out of its misery".

The downside is that Boyzone are choosing to plough on anyway. It's not like any of them have got proper jobs they could do instead, is it?


1 comment:

James said...

"The affair changed everything for many fans. It destroyed the family-friendly image that made the band popular.

Yes, nothing kills a family-friendly boy-band's return like finding out one of the members isn't squeaky-clean. Just like those revelations of Mark Owen's affairs that derailed the Take That comeback. Whatever happened to them, anyway?

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.

Post a Comment