Saturday, August 04, 2012

Do not let us detain you, Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne has announced that he's finding himself increasingly bored of his rapping, at last giving us something with which we can make common cause:

"I think I deserve that [a break from performing]. I think fans deserve a little-to-no Wayne. I've been everywhere. I've been out on everybody's song. I'm still on everybody's song.

"My artists are doing awesome; I believe the fans deserve some peace from me, so I'll be on my skateboard in the meantime."
You know you've got troubles when even you realise what your fans really want is for you to shut up for a while.

Still, it's easy to snicker at Wayne, but at least he does have enough self-awareness to realise there comes a point when we have been delighted by him enough. If only some other people could take that hint. Kanye, Cent, Vox - we're looking at you. And quite a few others, too.


1 comment:

James said...

I'm no fan, but I have to admit 'I think fans deserve a little-to-no Wayne' was an awesome line.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.