Thursday, September 04, 2014

See ya, CeeLo

The only disappointing thing about TBS cancelling CeeLo Green's TV show is that they decided to do it because they realised nobody wants to watch CeeLo Green doing a TV show, rather than because of his apparent belief that simply not being awake is a way to consent to sex:

According to screen shots of his Twitter page, Green reportedly wrote, "People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!" He added, " "If someone is passed out they're not even WITH you consciously! so WITH Implies consent."

Another tweet noted: "Let me 1st praise god for exoneration fairness & freedom! Secondly I sincerely apologize for my comments being taken so far out of context."
Yeah. I'm not sure there's any context you could put those comments in which would make them suddenly sound ok. Unless you lived in some sort of society which regularly turned a blind eye to rape.

Yeah, I know. I know.

To be fair, CeeLo did suddenly try again to apologise:
I truly and deeply apologize for the comments attributed to me on Twitter. Those comments were idiotic, untrue and not what I believe.
Although the earlier CeeLo was reportedly furious with this later CeeLo, claiming that later CeeLo's suggestion his comments were idiotic and wrong was taking them out of context. "Later CeeLo just doesn't understand" complained earlier CeeLo. "Why is he treating me so unfairly? Why is he impinging on my freedom to suggest that if someone falls asleep on your sofa they're saying it's okay to rape me? What's wrong with later me? Did I take a panicky call from someone in my management team or something?"

CeeLo, genuinely, is currently working on an album called Girl Power.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.