Tuesday, June 21, 2005


Having learnt the hard way that, frankly, nobody wants him untempered, Billy Corgan is mulling getting the Smashing Pumpkins back together. He paid for a full page ad in the Chicago Tribune (jesus, man, why not the Red Eye?):

“When I played the final Smashing Pumpkins show on the night of December 2, 2000, I walked off the stage believing that I was forever leaving a piece of my life behind. I naively tried to start a new band, but found that my heart wasn’t in it. I moved away to pursue a love that I once had but got lost. SO I moved back home to heal what was broken in me, and to my surprise I found what I was looking or. I found that my heart is in Chicago, and that my heart is in the Smashing Pumpkins.

”For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive the Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams. In this desire I feel I have come home again.”

In other words: Okay, okay, I need to re-surface the tennis court and I'm getting sick of Safeway brand cola. I'll eat a little humble pie, do a reunion tour, get myself some of that Pixies action, and there should be enough left over for a new smoking jacket or two.


juan said...

i haven't really had the stomach to trawl through all the live Zwan stuff that's out there on the web BUT i love Mary, Star of the Sea
. i dunno why. in 94 i was in america, pumpkins on rotation i hated it. but zwan saved my life. kind of.

Alan Connor said...

"Lyric"! First song I gave five *s to on that silly transistor walkman thing the Californians make.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.