Thursday, September 08, 2005

HOW INSPIRATION WORKS

Come with us into the world of Gwen Steffani, as we discover where she gets her crazy deisgn ideas from:

"Tony just broke his finger and he sent me the X-ray. So I'm doing a T-shirt that says 'Broken' and it's going to have his X-ray on it."

So, that's not really being inspired, is it? That's just seeing something and doing something. It gets worse:

"I'm stupidly crazy for old movies. I (record) them so that when I'm doing my makeup in the morning, I have them on. I can be like: 'Look at Jane Russell in that shiny leopard dress - I'm copying that.'"

The great thing is, of course, people pay her for this, and pay her well. Surely it's time for her to try writing a book - you know, picking up someone else's book, sticking it on a photocopier, and getting her people to talk contracts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.