Wednesday, November 16, 2005

THAT'S WHY MUM HAS GONE TO LESBOS

Move over Sappho. After centuries as being the leading writer on the love of women for other women, she's been bested. By Kerry Katona. Apparently she has a column in OK, and to fill it this week she's apparently had three Malibus and had somebody transcribe how there's not anything wrong with it:

“I think lesbianism is great! This is 2005 – there are so many lesbians out there that it’s right to see it on TV. Besides, every woman has a bit of bisexuality in them. Look – a pair of lips are lips. It doesn’t matter if they belong to a girl or boy! If I was asked to go lesbian in a film I would definitely do it. I want to be an actress and if that’s what the role required I’d do it. I think a woman’s body is beautiful.
I wouldn’t let my daughters see me star in a love scene, though, but then I wouldn’t let them see me doing it with a guy either.”


We do wonder if her comment on "a pair of lips is a pair of lips" suggests that Kerry doesn't actually realise that there's more to lesbianism than just kissing - something that's reinforced by the bit about how she'd "go lesbian in a film if the role required it" (and, frankly, Kerry, having seen your acting in the Iceland ads, we'd expect any film role you get offered will probably require quite a bit of that sort of thing): does she realise that in a film, it's acting, and when people onscreen appear to have sex, they're not really doing it? We're picturing Kerry turning down a role in Pirates of Carribean because she's not a good sailor and didn't want to have her eye poked out and replaced with an eyepatch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.