Tuesday, February 07, 2006

GENNARO CASTALDO WATCH: Something to Say-er

The unexpected return of Leo Sayer to the charts (for years, his greatest claim to fame has been being the name of one of the Brighton & Hove bus company vehicles) has caused Gennaro Catsaldo to make a bold prediction:

Gennaro Castaldo of HMV said: "The record will certainly be top three and is selling well. It`s a quiet week for new releases so it could well make number one."

He might be a little cagey about committing himself to a number one, but he's certainly happy to promise a top three position. Bold, bold Gennaro.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Guardian version of the story paints an even more romantic version of ol' Gennaro, with him singing us his very cover of the song:

"Gennaro Castaldo of HMV said: "The record will certainly be top three and is selling well. It's a quiet week for new releases so it could well make number one."
For those still trying to remember how it goes,this may help: "I feel a thunder in my heart/where it comes from I just don't know/oh no, oh no/there's a storm ragin' deep in my soul/there's a howlin' wind that I just can't control/there's a fire inside me I can't explain/every time you touch me my love falls like rain.""

From:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/0,,1703845,00.html#article_continue

What an image. What a guy.

You may however have to be either an incurable romantic or drunk to see this.

ian said...

You can listen to Gennaro in the last 5 minutes of the PM show at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/pm He said, IIRC, it's selling more than anyone else.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.