Sunday, May 14, 2006

BROWN REJECTS ISLAM

Strictly speaking, of course, Ian Brown never was a Muslim, although presumably he had to at least be convincing when he claimed to be one - he did this in prison to avoid eating the pies:

"My sister bought me the Koran in 1990. I always thought the stories in it were magical."

"So I'd already had a love affair with it, but when I got in jail the first day, I saw what everyone else was eating."

“I didn't know what the fuck was in the pies, but the lads said if you were Muslim you got chickpeas, lentils, rice, chicken curry on a Friday. So I said my religion was Muslim."


Now, there's some debate over if the Koran suggests death as a punishment for apostaty, or merely warns of punishment in the next world following death; it's even less clear if it's considered worse to stop pretending to be a practising Muslim than stopping actually being one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.