Sunday, October 15, 2006

James Morrison's Dad emerges

We're a little lost as to why the Sunday People has chosen to shove a few quid into the hands of James Morrison's Dad for his tale and then headline it:

EXCLUSIVE: DRUGS AND BOOZE NIGHTMARE OF MY POP SON JAMES

... because the nightmare is the father's, rather than James. Unless it's a subtle suggestion that the sins of the father will be visited on the children.

He said: "Every time we do my chest swells with pride. I remember the first time I ever really noticed what an amazing voice he must have been about 13.

"I was in my bathroom when suddenly I heard him singing and playing some Crowded House song on my old guitar."


Blimey. If anything was enough to send you for the booze, discovering your son taking up Crowded House songs is going to be it. Imagine the shame.

The story does have a sort-of happy ending: James, and his dad Paul, are in touch every week; Paul's very proud and believes his life, if nothing else, will serve as a warning from family history for James. The only downside is we all now have to hear the boy singing his Crowded House-lite.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoever made the comment above about the 'father being the nightmare' needs to rethink their words!!
I knew James's dad, he was one of the kindest, sweetest people I have ever met!
James I hear is a sweetheart like his dad.
As for the Sunday People article haven't seen it so can't comment.
I pity you and hope noone you care for ever struggles with a dreadful illness such as Alcoholism!

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.